In the Summertime

Summer is my favorite time to photograph. It is sunny so the lights are great, and I am usually travelling somewhere, so there is always something new and interesting to photograph. Last summer I went to a beautiful place in the mountains near my home, called Libán.


It is really a remote location among woods, and the sight is beautiful. The little house where we stayed is situated on a meadow. As I have mentioned above, when the weather was good, I didn't have to worry about blurry images as I could set the shutter speed to a comfortably fast one. In the first two picture I have used the portrait format, because of the upside pointing effect of the two structures. Being so, I have tried to arrange them in the frame, so it wouldn't be right in the middle. In this case I thought it would not be so bad if I place them in the middle horizontally, as far as they are not so in the vertical space.



When I went into the house or the woods, I had to adjust the settings accordingly. With a wider aperture and slower shutter speed I have managed for the pictures not to be too dark. I still have tried to include some light, but it was hard considering that the big contrast difference can cause the brighter places to burn out.



Some details again gave great inspiration for close-ups. The second picture was somehow the result of the first one - I will come back to that. In the first picture I have set a fast shutter speed to freeze the motion of the raindrops. On the second one the bright spots are the result of some raindrops getting to the lens, which I later have cleaned very carefully. However, I think at the end it came out better, as it gave some unexpected, after-the-rain atmosphere to the photo.




3 comments:

  1. I love the last one with the flowers hanging there, great light effects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like it. It was partly a coincidence but in the end it came out even better :)

      Delete
  2. Hi this is Tay.or, James's work away! Your pictures and blog are stunning--share more!)

    XxTaylor
    Www.callawayrose.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Coming soon

Meet The Author

Hi, I'm Szidónia Lőrincz, a photography enthusiast and student specializing in English & Journalism. I hope you enjoy my pictures.
Comments and suggestions are welcome :)