Home is...

A few weeks ago I had an assignment to make a photo series with the concept of 'home'. Since I have been living in Budapest only for a few years, and only for a few months in this apartment, I have decided to make the series about objects that make me feel home.
This first picture is one of my favorites. It really gives back the atmosphere of the morning routine which starts in the kitchen. For this I have placed the camera on the tripod right before the setting. I have used a relatively low focal length of 34 mm-s so there is a sense of space, and the distance isn’t compressed. As the lighting is low due to the colored glass in the kitchen, I have set the ISO sensibility to 200, and set a wider aperture.
In the next photograph I was working in the evening, so I had to do everything to make it as sharp as possible and still keep the sense of night. So I set the ISO to 400 and the aperture to 8, which is not the best, because it is quite narrow, but I could manage it with the tripod and a longer exposure time. I have also set the white balance to a warmer one, so the evening lights come out nicely.
 I have tried to adopt a more unique perspective in the following photos: to show the objects that constitute home from an angle that would not usually occur to the viewer. For the first one I used higher ISO sensitivity so the details of the bicycle wheel would be more visible. I have also put on a slightly warmer filter later, because it highlighted the colors of the window and the wall.
With the second one the biggest challenge was to hold the camera perfectly on level without me being able to look into the viewfinder. The lighting was optimal so I could work with higher shutter speed without the image becoming too dark.
In the case of the last photographs I've got inspired by the tile lines. I have just put them up for the sake of  curiosity to give an idea of an option which can help you to lead the eyes of the viewer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Coming soon

Meet The Author

Hi, I'm Szidónia Lőrincz, a photography enthusiast and student specializing in English & Journalism. I hope you enjoy my pictures.
Comments and suggestions are welcome :)