For New Time's Sake

As I have mentioned before, I also take photographs with my analogue Olympus OM-10 Camera. In this post I am going to share some of these that I have managed to get digitized.
Most of these pictures were taken on a rainy day around late November last year. I think one really important aspect of these photos is how the monochrome film managed to give back the feeling of the atmosphere of late fall.



Another reason why I love this camera sometimes much better than the digital one is because it requires exceptional attention during composition. It is almost like a special means of meditation. You really have to think about how you compose the picture, what you include in it, and how you adjust the settings, as you usually have 22 or 36 frames to use, and you can’t immediately look it back, or shoot several ones in order for one at least to be perfect. You have to give your best into that single shot and you cannot know if the outcome will be good or bad. And in this case even a blurred or over/under exposed picture can have a special meaning. While in case of digital photos it just means that you are not good enough with the settings.




Furthermore, the sharpness of a higher quality film is as good as some of the best digital camera’s today. You can see it especially in the cases of the branches, where even the thinnest one is sharp as a razor, especially as compared to the ones in the previous post. Also they are much easier to store, and you can make sure that a computer malfunction wont erase them for good.





I was surprised to see that in many of these pictures there are elements that I have given whole posts in the last few weeks, and I didn't even remember that I have already employed a lot of them half a year ago, because the negatives were put away. For example - for the sake of curiosity – I have already had among these pictures reflections, branches and lines as composition principles as well.



 I hope you enjoy them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Coming soon

Meet The Author

Hi, I'm Szidónia Lőrincz, a photography enthusiast and student specializing in English & Journalism. I hope you enjoy my pictures.
Comments and suggestions are welcome :)